|Temp or Perm:
NRL currently have a number of Electrical Designer positions to work on a major defence project which can be based out of multiple locations. Main location are Rosyth Dockyard, Bristol, Devonport Dockyard with other possible locations being Bideford, Lichfield, Warrington.
Rates are dependant on experience but range between 22/hr and £33/hr
Electrical Contractor Positions – Required Experience
- Experience working on UK naval marine shipbuilding projects, new builds and Installation Solutions (Alterations & Additions for existing ships and submarines)
- Experience interpreting electrical single line diagrams / block diagrams / schematics & standard design details for power & control and instrumentation systems
- CAD skill experience, creating 3D cable containment models (Ladder / Tray / Basket / Transits) using Foran, Tribon, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Hexagon S3D or other similar modelling packages
- Experience designing and managing the routing of electrical cables using appropriate standards, software and segregation rules to produce Black-line production outputs
- Experience preparing & producing 2D electrical marine drawing deliverables to required standards & within budget / schedule (create drawings, bill of materials, incorporating change, up-revision of drawings)
- Good understanding of naval marine, engineering & design practices
- Experience of working through a design lifecycle with a particular focus on detail design
- Ability to liaise with colleagues & stakeholders to resolve issues during the design lifecycle (design and spatial integration reviews)
- Experience building HS&E requirements into design tasks
- Experience producing & updating ‘as-built’ / datum pack documentation.