|Temp or Perm:
Beckton CHiP is located in south-east London. It’s fuelled by bio-liquids powering a MAN B&W marine 2 stroke diesel engine coupled to a 13 Mw generator. Exhaust gases drive a turbo generator feeding the local LV site distribution system, before being treated through a selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system, then released to atmosphere.
We are seeking an EC&I Technician (days based) to join our multi-skilled Beckton team. To be successful in this role, you’re able to develop positive working relationships and enjoy working with others to achieve results. You’re also able to adapt, contribute and work effectively as we continue to develop and optimise the plant.
To do this you’ll be supported in delivering your responsibilities with personalised on the job training and coaching and twice yearly development and performance review to help develop, maintain and improve your contributions and competence.
To be considered and successful in role, you’ll have the following qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Time served apprenticeship with NVQ 3 /equivalent discipline qualification.
- Working in a 24/7 industrial process completing mechanical investigations, troubleshooting, planned repairs, predictive & preventative maintenance, equipment installation, fault finding.
- Use of CMMS to complete accurate reporting, trending and improvement.
- Identification, specification and purchase requisition of spares.
- Producing & contributing to maintenance procedures, work plans, project documents & work scopes.
- Supervising contractor personnel.
- Safe, systems of work: reviewing RAMs & other safety documentation.
- Applying legislation in responsibilities
- 4-20ma, Hart maintenance experience. Maintenance of electrical starters, motor control centres, motors, distributions and earthing systems. Electrical protection methods & testing.
To apply for this role, please contact [email protected]
or call Carol on 01524 865512