|Temp or Perm:
NRL are currently recruiting for an experienced Draughtsperson to work for one of our leading clients within the Nuclear Industry. This will be working on an initial 6 month contract basis at Ashton House in Bristol. There will also be the opportunity to work remotely.
About The Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a CAD Draughtsperson to support contracts converting legacy drawing suites to latest 3D CAD package and updating drawings to latest design baseline. The required individual would work within the In-Service Technical Support Section which provides a variety of technical support functions with regards to the UK and Canadian In-Service Submarine Fleets.
As a CAD Draughtsperson in In-Service Support you will;
- Model 2D CAD and hand-drawn drawings in 3D CAD Packages.
- Undertake revision of drawings in 3D CAD packages.
- Part time use of 2D AutoCAD.
- Undertake design modifications as directed by senior support engineers.
- Produce change records in accordance with the company process.
- Maintain configuration control of drawings.
- Reflect configuration changes in company Product Lifecycle Management tool, IFS.
- HNC/HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Candidates without this qualification will be considered, if they can demonstrate considerable relevant experience.
- Proficient at 3D CAD, NX desirable
- Experience of AUTOCAD 2D.
- Good, broad, mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Good understanding of engineering drawing configuration control.
- Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work to time, budget and strict quality requirements.
- Ability to develop and apply logical, engineering arguments.
- Team player but equally capable of working on their own.
- Accurate and concise with information provided.
Skills which would be an advantage
- Experience with Weapon Handling and Launch Systems for Submarines or other naval engineering or similar high integrity industry.
- Experience with Teamcenter Product Data Management system preferred. Experience with other PDM systems will be considered
- Experience with IFS Product Lifecycle Management tool, Experience with other PLM systems will be considered