|Job Title:||Document Controller|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
NRL are currently seeking an experienced Document Controller to work on a contract basis, at Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth. This will be working for one of our leading clients within the Naval & Defence sector.
About The Role:
- Interrogation of Document Management Systems to compile and validate data for key design records.
- Engage with stakeholders to determine the sufficiency and accuracy of those records.
- Develop and populate a database of asset and document information, paying close attention to detail, working methodically and logically to produce accurate results.
- Assist in the development of reports and KPIs to highlight areas of excellence or requiring improvement.
- Carry out additional document control related duties and responsibilities which may be required e.g. workflow, hazard protection and retrieval of documentation.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Oral and Written Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of internal business stakeholders and external customers and suppliers.
- Customer Service: Proactively anticipate and respond promptly to internal and external customer needs; Respond to all requests for service and assistance.
- Planning & Organizing: Prioritize and plan work activities; React well under pressure; Ensure information is organized and accessible.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoughtfulness; Delivers timely and accurate results; Tasks completed efficiently and within required timescale.
- Quantity: Produces an appropriate quantity of work; Able to manage multiple projects; Able to determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way.
Required Education, Skills and/or Experience:
- Document management experience in a regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of electronic document management systems is desirable (training can be provided).
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with Access and SharePoint.
- Ability and willingness to learn our internal processes and systems.
- Must be approachable and capable of quickly establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.