|Job Title:||Cost Estimator|
|Salary||Available On Request|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
NRL are currently recruiting for an experienced Cost Estimator to work on a contract basis for one of our leading clients in Stoke Gifford. Working closely with the Project Controls Manager, the Cost Estimator is responsible to the SSNR team leader for all SSN(R) programme cost estimates. All applications must have valid SC clearance in place and be willing to travel to Derby when required.
A key area of responsibility for the Cost Estimator will be to provide estimates for design options and to estimate cost deltas as a result of system & component specifications, standards & performance requirements to support the cost reduction initiatives and system down selection decisions.
About The Role:
Within the Programme Definition and Design (PDD) Phase, key areas of responsibility will be:
- Producing budgetary forecasts – to meet the annual budgeting cycle (ABCs), potentially every quarter, this is likely to be one major update (January through March) with minor updates thereafter.
- Undertaking trade studies – investment appraisals in support of the key design decisions to be made.
- Business case submissions – generating the estimates, evidence and arguments to support future business cases.
- Ad-hoc activities – undertaking work as required by the team leader, SDA finance, etc.
- Cost modelling – developing and maintaining cost models to support the above areas, including working with BAES and RR to develop/identify a Joint Cost Model solution as part of the Cost of Ownership workstream to include inputs from BAES and RR.
- To discharge these responsibilities the estimator must have or develop close working relationships with:
- CAAS (Barrow) – to provide a second opinion on SSN(R) estimates and to enable CAAS to discharge their role in generating ICE for. This may extend to CAAS (Manchester) in relation to primary plant estimates.
- BAES Cost Engineering (Barrow) – to provide access to current estimates for the Dreadnought and Astute programmes. The estimator is also expected to be aware of current progress and problems on these programmes in order that their impact on SSN(R) can be assessed and reflected into the SSNR estimates (both cost and time).
- Rolls Royce (Derby) – requirement as stated for BAES, to develop a detailed understanding of primary plant costs, specifically NGNPP, and their makeup. The estimator will work closely with the NP representative in the SSN(R) team in developing primary plant estimates and will be expected to achieve ‘buy-in’ from NP in any estimates going forward.
- SDA combat systems group – to develop an understanding of Dreadnought/Astute combat systems and their costs in order that appropriate estimates can be developed for SSN(R).
- Reporting to the SSN(R) Project Controls Manager, the Cost Estimator will be responsible for producing cost estimates.
- Full, valid SC clerance.
- Previous experience working within the Nuclear Industry.
- Experience with producing cost estimates and budgetary forecasts.
- Experience with ABC Submissions, Programme cost profiling & System level cost estimates.
In order to minimise any potential disruption to the delivery output of the SSNR engineering team as a result of C-19 and current SDA instruction to work remotely until further notice, proposed candidates are to allow for a 1-month handover period with incumbent role holders, between 3rd – 31st August. It is critical that any leave or other commitments of the proposed candidates during this period, are disclosed in the your application.