|Job Title:||Cost Controller|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01946 820 002|
NRL are recruiting on behalf of a large engineering firm for a Cost Controller to work on a large nuclear project based in West Cumbria. For the right candidate this could be a staff or contract opportunity.
About the role:
- Satisfactory completion of Professional Development Records
- Time management to meet project programme responsibilities.
- Maintenance of complete and accurate reporting, on a routine basis, of cost control data on a specific project.
- Maintaining historical records to support and assist in the provision of budgetary data for the preparation of new project proposals.
- Ensuring the cost control systems employed are to the standard required to support the Operations Group
- Early warning awareness to Project Control Manager of any variance from agreed budgets.
- To liaise with all project control staff to ensure effective and efficient running of the Project Control Group
What you will need:
- ONC/HNC/HND in related engineering or accounting discipline is preferred
- Significant and appropriate experience in an engineering and/or construction company environment dealing with EPC type projects involving the financial, cost and contract control of engineering design, procurement of materials, equipment and services, manufacture, delivery and site implementation and construction.
- Familiarity with all the project management tools and techniques.
- Proven ability to produce, interrogate and disseminate, in a user friendly format, cost and other related data within the EPC environment.
- Knowledge of the project management, engineering design, procurement, material sourcing, manufacturing, quality control, expediting, shipping and site construction processes for the delivery of major projects.
- Familiarity with the project budget, allowance system and financial analysis for overall project planning, control and reporting.
- Communication skills and report writing ability
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with clients
- Team working aptitude and ability to develop interpersonal relationships
What's in it for you:
- Excellent staff package or contract rate
- Permanent work
- Opportunity to work on a prestigious project