|Job Title:||Construction Superintendent|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are recruiting for Construction Superintendents for multiple overseas locations. Our client based in Surrey requires individuals for rotational vacancies in locations including: Algeria, Uzbekistan, Ireland & Holland.
About the role:
The Superintendent / Engineer is responsible for managing the construction of the assigned projects, focusing on Safety, Quality, Risk, Schedule and Cost. Air Products is dedicated to using established tools, work practices and methods, combined with experience and productive relationships to actively manage all aspects of construction. The Superintendent / Engineer may be the sole Air Product representative on a site, a member of a construction management team, or the site lead, depending on project size and Superintendent experience. The Superintendent / Engineer directly manages the Contractors selected for the project.
The Superintendent / Engineer shall be capable of:
- Developing, driving, and enforcing a progressive safety program with the goal of zero incidents.
- Sufficiently involved in field activities to assess and influence safety and quality and have a good understand of progress and productivity.
- When necessary, serving in an Advisor Role keeping the best interests of Air Products as a priority by quickly identifying and elevating issues (safety, risk management, quality, schedule, cost) to the Air Products Project Manager.
- Managing Lump Sum Contracts with extras and Reimbursable Contracts.
- Collaborating with the onsite contractors, subcontractors, inspectors, and others in a respectful and professional manner to focus on making every Air Products project successful.
The Superintendent / Engineer shall:
- Display all characteristics of Air Products Leadership on the construction site and includes being a Leader of Safety on the site, with the workforce, commissioning team, and operations/client.
- Execute work practices (e.g. Job Safety Assessments, Risk Analysis, Safety Audits, Quality Assurance, Security Protocols, and Progress Measurement).
- Provide daily updates as required and Weekly Superintendent Reports to the Project Manager (e.g. Weekly Meetings Notes, General Updates, Contract Administration, Safety, Quality, and Progress Issues), as well as input to schedule and progress tracking.
- Proactively and expediently communicate issues to the Home Office Supervisor, Project Manager and Procurement Contracts Manager.
- Manage the turnover of completed construction systems and commissioned system to Air Products.
- Work closely and communicate with the Air Products Home Office Supervisor, Procurement, and Project Engineering Team to resolve technical issues.
- Understand project timing needs and assess and manage the Contractor’s plan and execution to achieve the required milestones
What you will need:
- An attitude and demonstrated competency to deliver Safety on a construction site.
- A demonstrated record of high performance with significant direct Industrial Construction experience. A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management can be substituted for experience.
- A track record of success in safety, quality, contract management, planning, and progress tracking.
- Strong Industrial Construction (Mechanical, Structural, Utilities, and Civil experience)
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- A strong commitment to employee involvement, team building and diversity.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, project management, construction estimating and take-off, and project schedule control is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- 8/2 and 6/2 rotational roles
- Competitive daily pay rates