|Job Title:||Construction Specialist Safety Practitioner|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
An industry leading defence contractor are seeking to recruit a Construction Specialist Safety Practitioner for work in Plymouth on a contract basis.
About the role:
- To proactively support in the implementation key elements of the Site Safety plan and to proactively manage and reduce construction health and safety risk.
- Assist the CDM Compliance Manager in co-ordinating project construction safety implementation.
- Implementation of the Company CDM and Safety, Quality and Environmental policies in the HS&E area of the business ensuring that assessment of risks is carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices.
- Compile and or review CDM core documentation.
- Provision of competent professional construction health and safety advice across for Major Infrastructure Projects.
- Undertake construction project workplace inspections to identify hazards, determine ways of reducing risks, ensure adherence to risk assessment and best practice. Feedback this information to the project teams and the business by defined routes for action and closure.
- Participate in the site audit program including the management of corrective and preventive actions.
- Provide active monitoring – by both scheduled and unscheduled health checks and inspections to ensure compliance with health & safety policies/processes/standards.
- From time to time in relation to projects carry out Investigation of accidents, incidents and cases of ill health to identify root cause and ensure suitable and sufficient corrective and preventative action is captured in line with management system process.
- Undertake reviews of Contractor HS&E documentation and advise Project Management on its suitability and alignment with site project requirements.
- Learning best practice opportunities for project works.
- Represent department as required at committees / meetings providing relevant input and maximising shared learning opportunities.
- Liaise where required with the MOD Safety team in relation to safe working practices for construction projects.
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety Improvement Projects.
- Keep up to date with current health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Play an active role in promotion of learning lessons from near misses and incidents at project level whilst ensuring this information is shared through reporting processes.
What you will need:
- Minimum HNC or Equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Construction NEBOSH Cert or BSC Diploma, and courses in specific high risk activities.
- Examples of Membership include: The Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (CMIOSH), ROSPA, Construction Group memberships, affiliations to engineering groups such as ICE.
- Desirable: Scaffold Inspection, Confined Spaces, Asbestos Awareness training qualification.