|Job Title:||Construction Site Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
NRL are currently recruiting for a Construction Site Engineer for work with one of our Oil & Gas clients that's currently tendering for work in various locations including Holland, Ireland, Uzbekistan & Algeria. This would be for work on a contract basis.
About the role:
- Managing the safe implementation, testing and validation of all the DCS and vendor supplied controls packages, including overseeing support during the Commissioning and Handover phase.
- Supporting the delivery of the projects KPI’s, including cascading safety, quality and schedule KPI’s onto every individual in the team.
- Managing and organising the site Controls team working across various tasks and co-ordinating the input from visiting Controls Specialists.
- Reporting of progress and forward planning of activities and resourcing alongside the Process Controls Manager EMEA.
- Ensure that all safety systems are completed in accordance with AP standards and procedures.
- Ensuring all Air Products Management of Change standards for the Control Systems and site instrumentation are followed.
- Lead DCS and Safety System validation with pre-commissioning and instrument engineers.
- Managing technical risk by ensuring Quality of work and identification of Systemic failures in hardware, software or work process, working alongside Process Controls Manager EMEA.
- Be accountable for the entry and recording of all test and validation activities into the Plant Completion Application (PCA), including consistent work process and quality of work.
- An engineering degree qualification (BEng) minimum or have equivalent time served experience.
- Must have had experience in Process Controls.
- Experience in programming of Siemens PCS7 Controls systems, including Programmable Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
- Ideally the incumbent will have some experience within both Industrial Gases process design and operations environments.
- Be able to use their communication skills to influence all levels of the organisation.
Supplemented by the following:
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- With more than 25 nationalities represented at site the ability to work across cultures and language barriers is key.
- Knowledge of computer-based applications (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to read single line drawings, P&IDs, contracts and other technical documentation
- Ability to troubleshoot and make good and timely decisions in pressurised situations
- Flexibility in terms of changing priorities, workload and working hours
- Experience with the creation and development of Commissioning specific procedures and training packages.
- Multi-Train ASU turnkey commissioning experience.
- Competitive rates
- Long-term contract opportunity
- Opportunity to gain experience with a large oil & gas company