|Job Title:||Commodity Buyer|
|Salary||Dependent on experience|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s manufacturing client based on the outskirts of Glasgow, have an exciting opportunity in Procurement and are looking for a Commodity Buyer within this area – on a permanent basis. Your remit will be to identify, introduce and develop new suppliers and commodity strategies.
About the role:
- You will proactively foster the spirit of continuous improvement and teamwork and continue to develop closer working relationships with management and staff in other key functions. By using supplier relationships and commercial management skills, you will optimise supplier performance and results. You will be involved in housekeeping of records in our manufacturing computer system and from time to time you will be required to represent procurement in a variety of ad-hoc projects.
- Your key skills will be in category/commodity management and negotiation as well as numeracy, planning, and time management. You will be comfortable working to tight and competing deadlines and demonstrate confidence in dealing with all suppliers.
- You will be a confident self-starter with excellent communication, and influencing skills. You will have excellent computer literacy such as excel and previous knowledge of Enterprise Resource Systems such as JD Edwards, Oracle or SAP.
- Previous experience within a Procurement/Buying position – preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Systems knowledge & experience of JD Edwards, Oracle or SAP
- Excellent computer literacy
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive salary dependant on experience
- Join a thriving business – a pleasure to work with
- Competitive company benefits package