|Job Title:||Commercial Manager|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
An industry leading defence contractor are seeking to recruit a Commercial Manager for work in Bristol on a contract basis and in Plymouth on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- Act as a focal point of customer contact with regard to Prime Contract commercial issues.
- Conduct Prime Contract terms and conditions review and negotiation process with regard to acceptability and compliance against BIG Policies.
- Tendering, negotiation and through life management of Prime Contracts.
- Provide commercial input to development of Business Unit Strategy and translate into Commercial Strategy and plans.
- Provide support to the Supply Chain function for tendering and contract negotiations.
- Negotiate major Contracts and resolve major claims both for and against the Company.
- Provide support to labour estimating and planning, proposals management, risk management and pipeline management.
What you will need:
You will need to have extensive practical and managerial experience in all aspects of the contract lifecycle, ideally with excellent knowledge/understanding of Ministry of Defence procurement process and Terms & Conditions. You will also be a self-starter and willing to challenge the status quo.
You will be degree qualified or equivalent experience in a commercial / legal or related role, ideally in the defence industry.
Key Behaviours and Competencies:
- A self-motivator with excellent analytical skills, good leadership and good organisational skills
- Has the confidence to make decisions and recommendations based on the information they have or in consultation with others
- Has the confidence to provide commercial direction to others to shape strategy
- Effectively manages conflicting priorities within own role, adapting to changes in workload or business priorities
- Consistently demonstrates compliance with company processes and practices and supports others to do so
- An understanding an experience of full bid phase
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and organisational skills
- Improves the way they and the team work and/ or behaviours including proposing improvements to departmental policy, procedures and systems/processes
- To have an understanding of Trade Controls compliance (desirable)
- Interact and communicate effectively with all other functions, e.g. Estimating, Project teams, Finance, Quality, Supply Chain, Technical