|Job Title:||Combat System Design Change Senior Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
Our client, an industry leading defence contractor are seeking to recruit a Combat Systems Design Change Senior Engineer on a permanent basis in Bristol.
About the role:
Our client is focused on support to the Royal Navy's in-service combat and strategic systems, trusted to deliver and sustain the fight function to ensure mission ready ships and submarines.
They are recruiting a Senior Engineer of Submarine Combat System Design Change to primarily manage the production of technical Guidance Information to enable the integration of Combat System Design Changes into the platform.
This opportunity is on a full-time permanent basis, which is primarily based in Keynsham with the requirement to travel to Plymouth, Bristol and Scotland.
- To be an engineering lead within the Submarine Combat System Design Change Team managing the production of technical Guidance Information to performance, cost and time.
- Be trusted to investigate, develop and offer technical recommendations on real engineering challenges to our customer.
- To provide technical support and advice on combat systems ensuring that cross-platform integration issues and safety aspects of any design support / design change tasks are addressed.
- Utilise problem solving in the timely resolution of technical queries to the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Undertake stakeholder management to promote team working and jointly identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the submarine support function.
- To provide Combat Systems engineering support at the waterfront.
- Be engaged in the delivery of our existing and evolving business, which is focused on delivering the right outputs, to enable our customer to realise their desired outcomes.
What you will need:
You’ll need to hold a background in Naval Architecture, Marine, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or other Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related backgrounds and be degree qualified in a relevant engineering based discipline or HND, Foundation Degree with relevant experience
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and company benefits
- Excellent career opportunities within this major blue chip company