|Job Title:||CNC/Manual Turner|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0191 415 3300|
CNC/Manual Turner - Sunderland
We are seeking CNC/Manual Turner to join a successful, privately owned manufacturing company in Sunderland
- Plans machining by studying works orders, engineering drawings, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Programs mainly lathes, but millers an advantage by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mainly lathes, millers an advantage, by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread cutting operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
What you will need:
- Conceptual skills
- Process improvement
- Verbal communication
- Functional and technical skills
- Controls and instrumentation
- Supply management
- Inventory control
- Attention to detail
What’s in it for you:
A competitive package will be discussed confidentially with NRL on application
To work for a loyal company that truly look after their staff