|Job Title:||Civil Structural Superintendent|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are recruiting for Civil Structural Superintendents for multiple overseas locations. Our client based in Surrey requires individuals for rotational vacancies in locations including: Algeria, Uzbekistan, Ireland & Holland.
About the role:
- An all-round flexible Civil and Structural Engineer
- Be the Lead Civil and Structural Engineer for the Project.
- Will need to report to the Civil and Structural Manager
- Able to represent the civil and Structural design at Lead Engineer meetings and at meetings with the Client.
- Able to technically evaluate Civil and Structural Tender submissions.
- Able to monitor detail design work outsourced to Design Contractor in Ireland, Israel and India to tight time frame and quality.
- Review the work by the outsource Design Contractor giving consideration to construction costs and making an effective contribution to identify and resolve any issues.
- Develop the scope for the construction of the Civil and Structural work.
- Respond to queries from the construction site.
- Bring experience to suggest new economical ways in designing the work –identify problem areas and suggest improvements.
- He/she will be required to work independently and be proactive.
What you will need:
- A Civil/Structural Engineer shall hold an engineering degree in an associated subject and ideally be a chartered engineer with the ICE or I/STRUCT/E.
- Civil and Structural experience in a Process Design Industry is a basic requirement.
- Significant experience would be expected.
- Need to have held the position of a civil and Structural lead on at least one major design project.
- Board detail design experience in foundations, structures, buildings and drainage detail design
- Experience in determining soil design parameters –such as bearing capacities from factual site investigation data
- Have knowledge in the use of industry wide software packages – STAAD-Pro,
- Use of various international design standards particularly Eurocodes.
- Ability to work in multi discipline team
- Shall be respected as an experienced Civil and Structural Engineer.
- Able to demonstrate supervising skills to direct Others in the Civil and Structural Department.
- Will be required to have a good approach to health and safety
- Able to work with different cultures around the world.
- Prepared to travel overseas when required
- Require excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English
What’s in it for you?
- 8/2 and 6/2 rotational roles
- Competitive daily pay rates