|Job Title:||Civil Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Aerospace & Aviation|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
Airport Senior / Principal Civil Design Engineer
Our client is seeking experienced, organised, self-motivated and collaborative team players, capable of leading small design teams at a senior level in the delivery of co-ordinated designs in an airport environment. The applicant should preferably be a Chartered Civil Engineer with knowledge of ICAO, EASA and CAA regulations and proven ability of their application from concept through to detailed design on airfield and airport infrastructure. The role requires the ability to develop close collaborative working relationships with clients, stakeholders to enable the production, approval and delivery of resilient design solutions in a demanding client environment.
The candidate will be expected to fulfil a managing role within the design team to:
- Deliver all the specified project design outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required
- Comply with all relevant technical standards; including ICAO, EASA, CAA and local airport planning and engineering standards
- Maintain good relationships with all external stakeholders to enhance the reputation of the company
- Provide guidance, professional development and training for less experienced staff.
The successful candidate will cover all aspects of the design process and management of a design team to deliver our clients outcomes and will include amongst other things:
- Produce, check and present design concepts and options, design details, drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Develop designs including runways, taxiways, stands and roads in accordance with the Client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Prepare and check options analysis reports, survey briefs, design calculations and input into project health and safety files and other written documents as required
- Managing individual design projects
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Assist in the preparation of bids.
- Qualified Engineer - (CEng + MICE, CMIHT or MIStructE desirable)
- Post-qualification experience designing infrastructure projects including pavements and associated services. Experience of airport design work is required
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with Office 365 and relevant engineering software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and AviPLAN
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary design teams including electrical and structural engineers
- Experience of the design of foul and storm water drainage, fire mains, hydrant refuelling, pits and ducts and stand services
- Knowledge of ICAO, EASA and CAA regulations
- Knowledge of airport operations
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners and supply chain and a team player
- Client focused approach to service delivery.