|Job Title:||Category Specialist and Category Manager Opportunities|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Administration & Secretarial|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
Our client, a leading Nuclear contractor, are seeking to recruit a Category Specialist and Category Manager for work based in Bristol on a contract basis with a view to go permanent.
About the role:
- Assist / Develop Procurement strategies that maximise value for the business, based on understanding the business needs and the supply market potential.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the specific supply markets relating to spend categories.
- Conduct market engagement, tendering, evaluation, negotiation and contract award activities in respect of a specific portfolio of goods and services.
- Support Business Development activities by assisting with the design of supply chains and the sourcing strategy for bids.
- Manage the performance of key suppliers, using appropriate metrics, to improve performance, increase levels of engagement, encourage innovation and deliver additional value from long-term contracts.
- Ensure that a strong health, safety and environmental ethos is applied throughout the Company’s supply chain.
- Prepare and agree with the Head of Procurement (and relevant stakeholders) the Value Delivery targets for the year.
- Monitor and report progress against the plans on a monthly basis.
- Identify new opportunities throughout the year and incorporate these into the Value Plan
- Discuss and agree clear objectives with the Head of Procurement and drive to achieve these, working at pace, to high standards and with professionalism.
- Participate in regular performance reviews, with reference to progress against objectives
- Be a visible ‘role model’ for your team through your professionalism, commitment, commerciallity and focus.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business, working closely with them to ensure alignment with BU, Sector and Group strategies.
- Agree with key stakeholders a regular cycle of reviews and performance updates (e.g. attendance at monthly Ops team meetings, etc.).
- Represent the Category team and the wider Procurement community, sharing and adopting best practice wherever possible.
What you will need:
- Experience in a Strategic Sourcing or Category Management role. Strong knowledge and understanding of current strategic Procurement techniques and value levers.
- Category Management knowledge (i.e. understanding of the supply market, the value chain and key cost drivers).
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering year-on-year Procurement savings against targets, across a portfolio of Procurement initiatives.
- Experience of managing sourcing projects from conception through to completion.
- Experience of developing and obtaining buy-in for Category strategies with key stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically, with the ability to support the development and communication of the strategic direction for the Category.
- Commercially astute, with the knowledge of how to use Procurement to unlock value for the business.
- Delivery focused with a pragmatic, hands-on approach that enables strategies to be fully executed, delivers savings targets and meets the priorities of the business.
- Proven track record of working within P&SC teams to achieve targets across several projects within a defined time frame.
- Ability to accommodate change, maintaining focus and positive attitude in the face of skepticism.
- Has a clear commercial ‘edge’ – comfortable with negotiation and with challenging commercial interactions.
- Energetic and enthusiastic, and passionate about Procurement and Supply Chain. Exhibits a strong personal drive and commitment – both to the success of the business and to their own role.
- Strong relationship-building, influencing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management or Engineering degree.
- MCIPS (or studying towards) or equivalent professional qualification.