|Job Title:||Calibration Engineer (Entry Level)|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
Not sure about the first step in your career? Not sure what role will challenge and reward you? Not sure what industry is the best fit for your ambition and skills? We have an amazing opportunity for entry level candidates looking to start their career progression.
Our leading client, within the Nuclear Industry, wants to welcome ambitious individuals to join their team at Berkeley (Gloucester), and build its next wave of growth and expansion. You do not need any Calibration Engineering experience – just an appetite to succeed and learn. This will be a contract requirement for an initial 12 months before having the possibility of moving into a staff opportunity.
Responsibilities and Duties
Key Result Areas
- Undertake calibration and minor repairs of radiation and contamination instrumentation.
- Accurately record and present all associated results to comply with quality assurance (QA) standards and requirements (e.g. International Standard ISO 17025:2017).
- Work pro-actively to maximise instrument throughput.
- Provide support to instrument type-testing activities as required.
- Ability to work with integrity and impartially, and deliver a high standard of service.
- Support best practice initiatives.
- Undertake other tasks as required to contribute to the safe and efficient operation of the Metrology, Dosimetry & Field Services team.
- Presentation of calibrated RPI for verification by the Qualified Person within required timescales, with completion of all scheduled daily and weekly checks on equipment/facilities used.
- Provide clear, complete, and accurate records, and meet internal quality policy and audit requirements.
- Consistent record keeping of all spares maintained.
- Support provided to type-testing activities as required.
- All personal objectives and targets are demonstrably achieved; assistance given to other group/corporate requirements where required/appropriate.
- Ideally they are looking for someone with science/engineering A-levels who want to get into the nuclear industry.
- Having experience in a lab, audited/regulated industry would be beneficial as well as knowledge of calibration
- They need to have an understanding of radiation and be comfortable in such an environment
- The manager is looking for a team player and someone with a questioning attitude
- There is a possibility for this role to go staff in the future (although not for at least a year)