|Job Title:||CAD Engineer / BIM Technician|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
NRL are currently recruiting for an experienced CAD Engineer / BIM Technician to wor kon a contract basis for one of our clients in Worsley, Manchester. Due to a recent upturn in legacy project issues and the deisgn requirements on M25 exceeding current capabilities, they need some resource to peak lop this demand.
Due to increased workload we are looking for a well experienced BIM Technician / Digital Engineer. Ideally with 5-10 years’ experience working in the field of BIM with a wide-ranging civil and mechanical engineering background and supporting qualification to work within our current engineering team.
This role will provide the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exclusive projects that Balfour Beatty are involved with globally in the gas and water sector. The current team provides a range of services in the BIM and Digital Engineering space both direct to Client organisations, external Consultant teams, Contractors, as well as to its own internal multi-disciplinary projects
- Produce fully mature 3D models from 2D information or survey data and will be expected to undertake 3D authoring control/checking of 3rd party work and management thereof.
- Coordinating drawing and modelling production in line with project requirements and in conjunction with other discipline.
- Assist with preparation of cad templates, presentations, internal standards etc.
- Helping to technically deliver CAD/BIM projects in the role of CAD and BIM coordination
- Able to meet tight deadlines and able to work alone or with a team
- To support the UK BIM Manager with strategy and policy/process development
- Critically analyse digital construction problems and find solutions
- Good understanding of the latest BIM standards and compliance
- Able to lead a project from the technical perspective
- Able to give BIM advice to the project team
- Able to communicate clearly to clients regard technical issues and respond to their requirements.
- Develop and assist with the exchange of large amounts of project data with multiple consultants through BIM360 Cloud or other CDE platforms
- Ideally have strong proficiency of using Autodesk Revit, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Bentley OpenRoads Designer (Microstation) or similar Bentley Projectwise, Navisworks Manage and Infraworks.
- In-depth experience within a work-sharing environment (CDE), and demonstrable experience using 3D coordination software are essential.
- GIS experience would be desirable
- HNC / Degree level qualification in Engineering or Technical Design (or similar relevant discipline)
- Good knowledge of Civil and Mechanical engineering terminology
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily task
- Flexible attitude
- Effectively learn from colleagues about design, construction and digital aspects of a business
- Good presentational skills and ability to present to senior management and clients.
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder.