|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are seeking a Buyer to work on a contract basis with a major engineering and construction company in the Oil & Gas sector.
Main Job Purpose:
• The accomplishment of all duties delegated by the Manager, Purchasing or Project Procurement Manager.
• The procurement of materials and equipment of the required quality at lowest cost consistent with material requisitions, departmental and project requirements and at correct delivery point within scheduled time limits
• The competence and performance of supervised personnel within applicable procedures, schedules, and man-hour and cost budgets.
• Comply with code of business conduct and ethics, corporate policies, procedures and work practices.
About the role:
- Carry out the duties of the Buyer in a competent, reliable and predictable manner.
- Comply with, make known to supervised personnel and check their compliance with the following, as applicable:
- Procurement Procedures and Work Practices
- Procurement Execution Plan
- Licensors', Clients', and Company Agreements
- Project Supplier Lists
- Quality requirements and obligations
- Input all progress data to Material Management System and ensure these are up to date
- Develop contacts with Suppliers' personnel
- Maintain the respect of Suppliers and their representatives by adherence to code of conduct and business ethics, corporate policies, procedures and work practices.
- Maintain awareness of the materials supply situation including area sources, price levels and current deliveries.
- Advise the Project Procurement Manager and/or Manager of Procurement of possible new sources of supply.
- Contribute to current and projected price and delivery trends
- Carry out spare parts co-ordination activities in accordance with the Project Procurement Execution Plan.
- Prepare and issue Procurement Plans and obtain necessary approvals.
- Prepare and issue quotation requests, progress, check and evaluate quotations.
- Prepare quotation summaries, and quotation summary variations and make recommendations
- Ensure recommended Supplier final price on quotation summaries is under budget and delivery is within required on site dates.
- Submit quotation summaries after technical approval to authorised Procurement Personnel for approval
- Distribute as required by the Project Procurement Execution Plan.
- Agree with engineering and supplier the requirements and submittal dates for the following:
- Critical supplier data e.g. equipment weight
- Supplier drawings e.g. GA drawing
- Other supplier documentation e.g. weld procedure
- Details of the data, drawings and documentation to be submitted by the supplier must be recorded on quotation summary and purchase order
- Arrange and attend pre-order meetings with Suppliers to confirm that all technical and commercial requirements will be met
- Issue notes of meetings in accordance with project distribution matrix.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders as per the approved quotation summaries.
- Provide post order management
- Check that supplier’s documentation index specified in the purchase order is received on schedule. Expedite as required.
- Obtain all required Supplier drawings, documents, data books, manuals etc at the required time and in the specified quantities. Expedite as required.
- Check that critical supplier data specified in the purchase order is received on schedule; Expedite as required.
- Prepare any necessary order variation summaries, obtain approval and issue amendments to orders.
- Progress and expedite all supplier drawings, documentation, equipment and material in accordance with approved project procedures.
- Check the submittal dates specified in the supplier document index are consistent with the dates detailed in the supplier production schedule; If necessary, expedite supplier for resolution if any inconsistencies are discovered.
- Issue Expediting Requests and maintain liaison as necessary with the Expediting group for the external expediting of Suppliers to achieve deliveries in accordance with project requirements.
- Liaise with the Inspection group or other inspection organisation to obtain inspection of equipment and materials
- Liaise as necessary with the Shipping Group to obtain delivery of all equipment and materials.
- Purchase order documentation checks
- The Suppliers production schedule is checked for compliance with purchase order; Review Supplier’s production schedule with Discipline Engineer, Principal Buyer and/or Project Procurement Manager and other procurement disciplines (i.e. Inspection and Shipping) to ensure production steps are correct and achievable.
- A continuing order management process is maintained until all Suppliers; final documents are received and accepted.
- All necessary suborders are obtained, checked to ensure that relevant standards are included, correct materials have been ordered and inspection requirements have been specified.
- Expedite engineering and document control to ensure supplier documentation is returned to the supplier within the time periods stipulated in the purchase order.
- Operate the spare parts procedure and in particular check that:
- Quotations are submitted on the correct forms and with all required supporting information.
- Quotations are transmitted through the person responsible for spare parts coordination for all necessary approvals.
- Orders for spare parts that are to be issued are placed on the basis of the approved recommended spare parts lists, and are expedited, inspected and released for shipment as applicable.
- Recommend to the Project Procurement Manager any necessary visits to Suppliers to apply pressure to maintain or improve performance; Visit Suppliers' works if instructed.
What you will need:
- Has basic knowledge of purchasing and expediting techniques and how they are applied. Actively seeks to further develop knowledge of engineering process, manufacturing process and product knowledge
- Commercial Awareness: Has basic understanding of the commercial imperatives for purchase orders. Understands and evaluates threats to the commercial position of the company and client and develops plans to mitigate commercial risks. Has basic knowledge of terms and conditions of purchase to evaluate supplier exceptions and seek agreement.
- Uses various sources of information to produce clear and concise project procurement plans.
- Analyses and evaluates supplier commercial quotations and provides clear and concise quotation evaluation reports for approval. Analyses various sources of information (e.g. supplier monthly reports, production schedules, inspection/expediting reports etc) to identify trends, issues and risks to the project. Effectively communicates findings to management.
- Responsible for updating the material management system with pre and post order information
- Ensures any critical issues and risks are reported to management. Provides input to weekly and monthly procurement management reports.
Knowledge of Tools and Procedures:
- Executes work in accordance with current corporate policies, procedures and work practices. Effectively uses and updates materials management system.
Organisation and Industry Awareness:
- Understands and supports Strategic Destination and business objectives. Actively seeks to further develop a network both within and outside of procurement department. Works to establish and maintain supplier relationships. Seeks to develop networks within customer organisations. Has basic knowledge of the marketplace and delivery / price trends.
What’s in it for you?
- Chance to work with globally renowned engineering company
- Potential for long term contract
- Competitive rates