|Job Title:||Business Development Manager|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
NRL are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager on behalf of our client who deliver leading building envelope solutions to the construction industry. They are looking for a BDM to support the growth of their rate, tailored, roofing, cladding and glazing solutions for their clients. The successful candidate will have experience selling a business service/solution rather than a product.
About the role:
You will be responsible for successfully targeting new customers, building existing relationships and bringing in sales leads. You will contribute to the successful achievement of sales objectives, developing sales strategies to support the region in its overall business goals. You will be responsible for developing customer accounts and ensuring long term customer relationships. You will also be responsible for negotiating with key account customers and monitoring market trends.
The main elements of the role:
- Focus on Infrastructure opportunities including Airport and Rail and any other Southern based construction market opportunities.
- Work closely with the Business Development & Sales Manager on a daily basis as required.
- Ensure that the profile of the client and the building envelope product is presented effectively to both new and existing customers.
- Be responsible directly to the Business Development & Sales Manager as your line manager.
- Liaise with the CEO and Business Development & Sales Manager on regional business needs, preparing and agreeing business strategies projections and reports.
- Promote the brand and image in a professional confident manner.
- Understand technical systems and interpret drawings and concepts effectively at client level and can give general advice, prior to technical expertise getting involved.
- Follow up architects, clients and main contractors for new business leads, understand market trends and manage areas for development.
- Target potential customers for the right project based on business needs.
- Provide monthly reports to management meetings, detailing progress with key clients.
- Actively participate in organising and running corporate events.
- Manage and build relationships with the supply chain.
- What you will need
- You will have a construction related degree, HNC or equivalent and will be a motivated professional, with a willingness to develop sales strategies. You will also have:
- The ability to develop strong working relationships with main contractors, clients and architects within the industry
- A high level of persuasive negotiations skills, and excellent verbal and written skills
- Extensive knowledge of the building envelope and have a successful track record in sales
- A stable employment history with at least five years’ experience in a sales position within a contracting organisation, preferably in a roofing, cladding, curtain walling and the external envelope environment.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work for an industry leader in a niche field
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Pension scheme
- Health care cash plan
- Optical care vouchers
- Life assurance
- Free parking