|Job Title:||Business Development Director|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01524 865555|
Our Client is a fully integrated infrastructure solutions business, with over 25 years of experience. They provide innovative operations management, engineering services and energy management solutions to partners in high hazard, highly regulated industries. Their focus is improving operating performance of commercial and industrial facilities, with zero harm to people, environment asset and reputation. They do this by focusing on three key delivery areas: Operations & Maintenance, Engineering Services and Energy Trading.
Our Client own and operate the 370 acre top tier COMAH site Saltend Chemicals Park (SCP) - near Hull. With a cluster of world-class chemicals and renewable energy businesses, SCP is strategically positioned on the UK’s busiest ports complex – and is a location of world-scale manufacturing, operational, engineering and service excellence and, innovative technology.
Having completed a phenomenal first year, they are now seeking a proactive, senior strategic business development professional to ensure the SCP success story continues. Working with both the corporate Business Development team and the SCP management team you will deliver a diverse range of responsibilities including:
- Providing excellent customer service & internal/external promotion of SCP and the wider business.
- Key Account management and development of proposals associated with SCP for existing and new commercial contracts and agreements.
- Proactive contact with new and existing clients to understand their issues, needs and requirements.
- Development of strategy ensuring continued growth and success of the SCP including site master planning, effective marketing and promotion - at a regional, national and international level.
- Providing well considered and researched reports and recommendations to the SCP senior management team on sales and marketing activities and development of the opportunity pipeline.
To be successful you’ll have as a minimum:
- A Level 5 qualification in a business or engineering discipline
- Working in high hazard, 24/7 energy and/or process industry environments in a business development role. Including experience in :
- Identifying, generating and creating new business relationships & building upon existing ones to deliver contracts.
- Negotiating and delivering contracts with a value of £1M+
- Managing budgets with personal responsibility for budget performance (circa £100k+)
- Business promotion and marketing within a business, regionally and nationally.
- Working with business asset management teams to understand key operational, financial and commercial drivers & opportunities, enabling business understanding, development and growth.Completing data and market appraisals, due diligence, business reporting and presentations to internal and external persons and businesses.