|Job Title:||Business Development Assistant|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Administration & Secretarial|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
Are you looking to utilise your telephone and basic sales skills in a rewarding environment with a company that will support you and your professional development? Recruitment, and more specifically, NRL, can help. We are a fast-paced technical recruitment organisation working within the engineering and construction sector including numerous multi-billion-pound infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
Initially you will join a structured training program designed to give you all the knowledge and tools needed for you to excel in the role of sharing NRL’s recruitment expertise to prospective clients in targeted industries and locations. Supported by an experienced recruitment team, in time, you would become the initial point of contact to NRL and help build long lasting, win-win relationships with new customers.
Your training will begin by supporting existing consultants within the team by making high a volume of calls to support business development activity as well as researching potential customers. Throughout this early period, you will be exposed to new software, given increased responsibility and access to all the tools to move towards working independently to develop our client base.
Your role will include the following duties:
- Contacting a high volume of potential customers via telephone, email and social media with a view to progressing to face to face meetings.
- Build professional relationships with potential customers
- Researching potential businesses and projects that would be relevant to NRL’s core business
- Working closely with experienced members of the team to develop prospective customers into loyal clients
- Providing general administrative support as required
As your career progresses you can expect to:
- Play an active role in supporting the direction of business growth
- Reviewing new software and business development methods to support the business development activities of NRL
- Have an overview of NRL’s business units across the UK and be able to identify opportunities where there is synergy with existing and potential clients
- Develop an understanding of market conditions within specific industry sector(s)
- Understand and support the sales process
Qualifications and Skills
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Very confident telephone manner
- Comfortable with making high volumes of calls
- Very good communication skills (both verbally and via email)
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of Outlook
- Previous experience working in a sales environment or a keen interest in sales
- Target driven individuals
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, reactive environment
- Desire to learn, develop and progress
As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme, we have created a benefits package designed to care for, reward and celebrate our team:
- 22 days holiday, rising to 25 days after 5 years continuous employment, with the option to buy an additional 5 holiday days per year
- Working hours flexibility so you can manage your work-life balance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Competitive commission scheme
In addition, we also offer access to:
- A discount scheme offering exclusive savings on 1,000s of products and services
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cash Plan, screening and wellbeing scheme
- Life assurance
- Optional Private Medical Insurance
Bucking the usual clichés, NRL has an enviable reputation for offering an alternative approach to recruitment. We focus on long term objectives, with both our clients and colleagues. We whole-heartedly believe that a motivated, engaged and valued team offers the best possible client experience.
Our success for more than 35 years is because of our people, and that’s why we recognise the importance of good ideas and encouraging colleagues to innovate and take charge of their work. Several of our colleagues have been with us for more than a decade, and we take pride in supporting them to achieve their full potential throughout their career.
Our strategic focus on technical, engineering and construction has helped us gain recognition as the Best Engineering Recruitment Agency at The Contracting Awards 2019, as well as rewarding us with a healthy annual turnover of £186m.
Our Woking office has a solid base of clients, but we want to welcome ambitious individuals to join the team and help build the next wave of growth and expansion. You do not need any recruitment experience – just an appetite to succeed and learn.