|Job Title:||BIM Co-ordinator|
|Salary||£20 - £40 per hour|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
Our client, an industry leading defence contractor, are currently looking for 4 BIM Co-ordinators to join their team at Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth on a contract basis.
- BIM Coordinator (Clash and Interface Management - Projects)
- BIM Coordinator (COBie and Classification Delivery)
- BIM Coordinator (4D Planner and Simulations)
- BIM Coordinator (Digital Library and H&S)
Our clients’ business unit is looking for Coordination of Building Information Modelling (BIM) deliverables in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear Safety related facilities for Strategic Infrastructure projects. You will be preparing and reviewing the federated BIM model.
The BIM Co-Ordinator must also be able to provide cover in the absence of the BIM Manager.
Approving, managing and supervising the process for developing all graphical, non-graphical and document information relating to infrastructure and equipment for both Nuclear Safety Related and Non- Nuclear facilities.
- Coordinate the delivery of BIM tasks.
- Prepare templates for BIM models and drawing sheets.
- Monitor the project teams’ adherence to the BIM Execution Plan and provide guidance if necessary.
- Prepare the federated model.
- Execute clash detection and report appropriately.
- Manage and maintain the BIM model library.
- Communicate the BIM plan to the Task Teams.
- Accept reject information exchanges within the common data environment.
- Develop Levels of Definition (LOD) strategy.
- Prepare the volume strategy.
- Enable integration and co-ordination of information within the Information Model
- Minimum 3 Years Design Experience.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the process of BIM throughout the design lifecycle.
- BS1192 BIM files naming conventions, status codes and revisions.
- Using a Common Data Environment (CDE) to follow the PAS1192-2 method of collaboration.
- Use of Autodesk Revit software to create BIM projects.
- Use of Autodesk Navisworks software to prepare and review federated models. Undertake clash detection.
- Design of civil engineering, structural engineering and architecture
- Qualified to HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline and must have completed YINC or NFC or NIC or equivalent. Or hold a current waiver.