|Job Title:||Audit Supervisor|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Finance and Financial Services|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s client is looking to recruit an experienced Audit Supervisor to join them on a permanent basis in their state of the art, Edinburgh City office location, with a focus on Assurance Assignments.
About the role:
- To provide on-site assistance on each Assurance assignment in an efficient and effective manner, and to help ensure that clients receive a quality service in all aspects.
- Be a key part of Assurance teams undertaking assignments, including opportunities to lead the on-site element of the work.
- To ensure that each assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out all aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Ensure Assurance quality at all times, contribute to internal and external quality assurance, ensuring all actions are completed in line with the firm’s and the profession’s standards.
- To communicate any problems in complying with these instructions, or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision, and “on the job” training for less experienced members of staff. To act as day to day point of contact for the client, and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Maintain an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications. Ensure added value to clients.
- To review work completed by less experienced staff for adequacy and completeness, and to undertake job appraisal reviews. To summarise actual time spent compared to budget on each assignment, and to perform the firm’s review and completion procedures before passing the files for manager review.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfill professional CPD requirements.
- Maintain training records conscientiously and to keep up to date with examination studies, as applicable.
- To attend staff meetings and training and to assist in student recruitment, training and marketing activities as required.
- To maintain an awareness of Health & Safety issues within the firm and report any concerns to the nominated Health & Safety representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as required by the Line Manager or Head of Department.
What you will need?
- ACA, ACCA or AAT part-qualified
- Degree qualified
- At least 75% of previous experience to have been on Assurance assignments.
- Assurance experience of the following types of clients would be advantageous: Owner Managed Business Clients Charities & other Not for Profit clients
What’s in it for you?
- Join a thriving market leading business
- Modern state of the art working environment
- Attractive salary