|Job Title:||Assistant Business Development Manager|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
We are looking for an ambitious, driven individual who is keen to develop their career to support the development off our new and growing business streams. Reporting to the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for a range of Business Development activities whilst ensuring that these align with the Business and Group level strategies. You will develop an understanding of the Business whilst working in multi-disciplinary teams, in a Leadership role when required. You will be supported by an individually tailored training and development programme.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The role will entail the following responsibilities:
- Market analysis and assessment – Leading on the analysis and assessment of market sector data in line with UNS strategy, and making recommendations on future markets and customers
- Stakeholder Engagement – Ownership of the UNS Stakeholder Engagement plan, including interaction with a wide range of stakeholders, summary of key information and management of Customer Relationship Management processes.
- Opportunity identification and progression – Identification of potential business development opportunities using output from the Market Analysis, Stakeholder Engagement and Customer Relationship Development activities and contribute to progressing opportunities.
- Bid Management - Manage the process for bids, tenders, optioneering and sales negotiations where appropriate.
- Marketing - Representation of UNS, and brand promotion, at national and industry wide events.
The ideal person for these roles will:
- Have a degree (or equivalent) level qualification
- Have experience of business development and bid preparation/tendering
- Have experience of dealing with stakeholders and/or regulators
- Have experience of writing high quality documents
- Have a customer focussed attitude with experience of dealing with customers and external contacts both in a 1 to 1 setting and at events
- Have excellent organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a team as a participant or leader
- Have experience or knowledge of the Nuclear Industry
- Be enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated
- Be able to manipulate, analyse and interpret data
- Be commercially focussed
- Remuneration; the salary for this role is £42,557. Annual pay reviews are conducted.
- Bonus; the Company offer a generous £4,000 per annum Delivery Bonus to all employees.
- Pension Scheme; as a UNS employee, you will be eligible to join the Company’s Defined Contribution Pension scheme.
- Education & Training; at UNS, we take pride in helping people learn and develop by supporting, accelerating and directing your learning. As well as the completion of mandatory health and safety courses, training packages will be tailored to meet your specific needs. Supporting your learning at work is high on our agenda as it is important that the skills of our workforce meet current and future demands as well as supporting your continuing professional development.
- Healthy Work-life Balance; The Company encourages all employees to effectively balance their work with their outside life. We promote a healthy work-life balance by offering opportunities such as flexible working arrangements and paid time off for accrued hours, generous annual leave entitlements and a holiday trading scheme. As a Company, we recognise that what constitutes a healthy work-life balance varies from person to person and as a result, the Company will endeavour to provide opportunities to achieve a healthy balance between work and home life that is meaningful to you.
- Health & Well-being; We have a Private Medical Insurance scheme provided by BUPA and we as an employee you would also be eligible to join the Company Cyclescheme should you wish to.
The role will be based at our Capenhurst Site near Chester, although some travel may be required as part of the role.
About the Company:
Our company is a subsidiary of a major global player in the nuclear industry. Operating on a UK nuclear licensed site, we specialise in radioactive waste management and decommissioning services. With an ambitious business development and growth strategy over the next few years, we are looking to strengthen our team to support the development and delivery of our new and existing business streams.
So if you are looking to build your career in a developing and ambitious company, we would love to hear from you.