|Temp or Perm:
Looking for your next challenge in offshore wind??
My Client is looking for an Asset Manager to support the operations phase of their asset life cycle with responsibility to undertake day to day commercial management of a wind farm joint-ventures. Ideally someone with experience and more importantly a real passion for renewables. From first appointment, the role will be based at their Operations base in Harwich, with regular travel to their UK Headquarters in Swindon and other locations as required.
The Asset Manager will work closely with the General Manager in running the wind farm business and have a significant role in performing the day to day commercial management of the wind farm, working closely and in collaboration with the local Operations team.
The Asset Manager will have autonomy in making commercial decisions within a delegated authority.
The Asset Manager will be required to work autonomously in tracking commercial aspects/risks and where required, developing strategies and recommendations for the General Manager who will retain responsibility for significant commercial decisions materially affecting the wind farm performance.
The Asset Manager will be the day to day interface and project lead with the controlling, procurement, claims and finance teams.
The Asset Manager will work closely with any other supporting commercial managers and establish an understanding or division of work and responsibility to form an effective working relationship.
The key responsibilities of the Asset Manager will include:
Skills and experience
- Responsible for monthly reporting and managing of the; P&L performance of the Project, CAPEX & OPEX budgets, accruals, cash-call and undertaking re-forecasts.
- Management of the commercial risks and obligations under existing wind farm agreements and contracts, e.g. insurance claims, contract disputes, leases and warranties.
- Development of strategies, including the provision of cost/benefit and risk analysis for operational decisions, (e.g. timing of campaigns).
- Commercial input into O&M contract renewals or placement of other agreements (e.g. leases, vessel contracts, fuel contracts, O&M contracts).
- Undertaking business planning and re-forecasting as required, risk identification and management of the commercial aspects of risks.
- Build internal and external relationships, and demonstrate pro-active management of commercial issues and risks, with key stakeholders
- Ownership as “Commercial Officer” for non-maintenance contract and cost elements, e.g. crown estate lease, insurance, grid connection charges etc
- Excellent numerical and excel skills
- Understanding of the various agreements applicable to a wind farm and likely terms within.
- Understanding of the key commercial terms to considered in placing/managing any contract.
- Ability to undertake cost benefit analysis and develop cost forecast and analysis models
- Ability to assimilate assess different risks and information in areas which are not a specialism e.g. H&S and engineering.
- Ability to prepare and deliver recommendations and reports to staff at all levels to board level.
- Excellent Relationship Management skills, including Negotiating and Influence and Impact
- The ability to develop and maintain contacts outside of the renewables team, both within the company and the wider industry