Plans for Sizewell C will see the construction a 3,200MW nuclear power plant comprising of two nuclear reactors – helping to deliver low carbon electricity to over six million homes.
Developer: EDF Energy
Estimated construction commencement: 2022
Estimated Startup: 2031
Value of project: £18 billion
What is Sizewell C?
Whilst currently in its planning stage, the new power station would be constructed adjacent to Sizewell B in Suffolk. After years of planning and public consultation, the project has now reached the crucial planning permission stage.
You can find out more about the project by visiting EDF Energy’s virtual exhibition – click here.
Source: EDF Energy
What are the benefits of Sizewell C?
- Low carbon power for over 6 million homes
- Power generation for 60 years
- A saving of over 9 million tonnes of CO2 emission every year
- Supports Government’s 2050 target for net zero emissions
- 900 permanent jobs
- 25,000 job opportunities across the supply chain during construction
- 1,000 apprenticeships created
- Over £14bn in construction value for UK-based companies
Backing the campaign to build British nuclear
NRL is proud to be a member of the Sizewell C Consortium, which brings together the UK’s nuclear and green energy leaders to drive forward planning permission for Sizewell C.
Find out more: sizewellcconsortium.com