|Job Title:||Land Surveyor/Engineering Surveyor|
|Salary||£30000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: car allowance, pension, private healthcare and bonus|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
Hinkley Point C is the first power station to be built in the last 20 years and is one of the biggest and most complex projects being built in the UK. My client, a renowned multi-national civil engineering firm are currently recruiting Land Surveyors to join this project on a permanent basis. You will have the opportunity to work on this landmark project and build a career not only with a great firm but also a genuinely exciting project.
About the role:
- To ensure all relevant information concerning setting out controls and specifications are conveyed to the construction team in a timely and accurate manner and are formally recorded.
- To verify that there is sufficiently detailed surveying information available prior to construction of the works and resolve technical issues with designers
- To give advice on and secure the correct type of surveying materials and plant equipment necessary to meet project specifications and planned programme of work.
- To produce maintain and manage a comprehensive listing of all survey instruments/equipment on site and ensure all calibrations are completed in accordance with guidelines and the products own specifications.
- To ensure all as-constructed/as-built information is surveyed, produced and disseminated in a timely manner, to all the relevant design teams, service information teams and other interested groups, using approved document control procedures.
- To identify, report and contribute to the closing out of surveying related non-conformance reports on site
- Provides dimensional control for a section of the works
- Undertakes as built surveys for a section of the works and presents results in format that can be included in project records if required
- Establishes and maintains secondary control on the project from primary control
- Checks dimension design data early, raising technical queries to eliminate delays from insufficient information
- Ensures that appropriate as built surveys are undertaken, correctly recorded and communicated
- Manages the survey equipment ensuring it is suitable for the works and in calibration so that there are no dimensional control errors due to survey equipment
- Awareness of working on site
- Understanding of health and safety requirements
- A knowledge of the company systems for obtaining and managing surveying equipment on the project.
- Be able to use standard computer software packages (Word, Excel, e mail, Document Control Systems)
- Be able to use proprietary computer aided design packages necessary to carry out surveying computations, as-built surveys, plans and producing programmes
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to work on one of the premier projects in the UK to date
- Private health care