NRL has a specialist nuclear outage division, who recruit Suitably Qualified and Experienced Personnel (SQEP) contractors to support statutory and non-statutory site shut downs.
This outage has been without doubt an absolute success. NRL were second to none and having experienced their innovative approach, I will not be using any other agency support going forward.
Mick Canham – Hard services Manager, BBESL
Balfour Beatty Engineering Services Ltd (BBESL) approached NRL to provide a sole supply for their 2012 statutory outage at Sizewell, and address a number of concerns which had stemmed from previous outages, including:
- A lack of local operatives
- Cost of engaging suitably skilled non local operatives
- Volume of operatives who failed the mandatory drug and alcohol testing
- Volume of unsuitable operatives engaged
NRL devised solutions to all of these concerns:
- Total focus on fulfilling 100% of the job requirements, with local candidates – we achieved this by working in conjunction with both the job centre and the local media.
- Total elimination of lodge and radius costs – we enabled significant client savings.
In this case, we had a stringent assessment policy, which addressed this issue at every stage – from the application form to the interview assessment and at the top of every communication.
NRL spent several weeks in the Sizewell area – where we were able to undertake intense interview assessments to ensure the right candidates were engaged.
To discuss your requirements or for further information please contact one of our recruitment specialists.